Certificate in Positive Psychology for Coaches
What is Positive Psychology?
Positive Psychology is an evidence based school of psychology. It’s the scientific study of the positive aspects of human life. Focusing how human beings thrive, flourish and most effectively achieve their goals, positive psychology offers a unique insight into our inner game.
Positive psychology provides science backed, practical tools to help people lead fulfilling lives – at work, in relationships, education or personal development. It offers balance to traditional models of psychology that often focus on pathology. It complements rather than replaces traditional psychotherapy.
Why Positive Psychology & Coaching?
Research shows that positive psychology advances wellbeing, optimal performance and personal growth. Using positive psychology tools will help you and your clients to move beyond surviving to flourishing.
Used in a number of different fields from coaching, counselling, education and leadership positive psychology helps individuals and organisations to optimise their potential. There is an enormous synergy between coaching and positive psychology, which can be used to help your clients achieve their coaching goals.
Your Course Facilitators
This online course is delivered by Viv Dutton, one of Europe’s leading positive psychologists. Viv works with Fortune 100 companies, tech start-ups, health professionals and universities. Viv has worked globally with a number of companies and organisations to create growth mindset cultures that work. Her clients include Spotify, The Financial Times, The V&A, YKK, The Natural History Museum, Lancaster University & The New College of Humanities amongst others.
Her expertise as a consultant, lecturer, trainer and coach means that she is regularly invited to speak at events, sharing her unique experience of optimising growth mindset at work around the world. She has contributed to a number of publications including Success Magazine, Business Insider and Thrive Global.
Viv is currently writing her first book, Growth Mindset at Work, due for publication in 2020.
Gill Thackray, author of “The Positivity Coach” and “The Mindfulness Coach” (Michael O Mara Books, London) will be co facilitator.
She first began working in the field of resilience whilst working in United Nations refugee camps. Since then she has worked internationally as a business psychologist and coach with elite sporting bodies such as the Football Association and UK Sport to build resilience and optimise sustainable performance.
Her client list includes Fortune 100 companies, the United Nations, Health Education England, Great Ormond Street Hospital, British Society for Rheumatology, Prostate Cancer, Cancer Research UK, BBC, University College of Osteopathy, Deloitte, Price Waterhouse Cooper, Ernst and Young, Chartered Institute of Accountants for England and Wales, Lancaster University Bonington Leadership Programme, London School of Economics, Google, Natural History Museum and the V&A amongst others.
Her expertise in sustainable performance means that she is a frequent conference contributor as well as contributing to publications including The Guardian, Ultra Sport, Thrive Global and Success Magazine amongst others.
Gill has undertaken research into leadership resilience and performance with Aberdeen University, examining the efficacy of mindfulness interventions upon leadership resilience, emotional intelligence and compassion.
What will I get?
This interactive, practical course will develop coaches’ understanding of positive psychology. You will leave with a practical positive psychology toolkit that you can begin using immediately to support your clients in fulfilling their potential, improving self esteem and increasing capacity for change.
You’ll be given
- access to additional positive psychology resources that you can begin to use immediately with your coaching clients
- Post training support
Positive Psychology for Coaches Content:
You’ll cover a number of critical models from positive psychology throughout the course including:
- Foundations of positive psychology
- Embedding psychology into your coaching
- The PERMA model of coaching
- RAW model of flourishing
- The VIA Character Strengths Assessment
- The Principles of Growth Mindset
- Creating a growth mindset coaching journey
- Positive psychology toolkit
- Focusing on positive emotions with clients
- Flourishing & how to create it
- Developing Resilience
Positive Psychology for Coaches Course Objectives:
By the end of the course, participants will be able to
- Identify key theories, models and frameworks used in positive psychology coaching
- Recognise the empiric evidence base and related theories for positive psychology
- Apply positive psychology within a coaching context
- Demonstrate the application of positive psychology models, techniques and interventions when coaching
- Practise, coaching skills and positive psychology interventions to facilitate and positively support your clients
- Explore positive psychology themes and characteristics within a broad range of coaching contexts
Who is this Positive Psychology for Coaches Certificate Intended for?
This course is for you if you…
- Are a freelance coach working with individuals and businesses who would like to learn how you can use positive psychology in your own coaching practice.
- An internal coach working within an organisation or managers and leaders who coach others and want to learn how to create and embed a culture of positive psychology.
- You want to deepen your understanding of positive psychology applied to coaching.
- You want to enhance your coaching skills and need to learn more tools and techniques to support your clientsThis programme is designed to enhance your coaching skills, increase your understanding of the psychological principles underpinning your coaching practice, whilst providing practical coaching tools that can be used in a range of settings. The day gives coaches valuable knowledge and skills that can be put into practice immediately.If you would like more information about this course please get in touch, we’d love to talk with you about how you can use positive psychology in your coaching.
Our Next Online Course:
AUGUST 15TH 9.30am to 4pm
BOOK BEFORE 31ST JULY FOR OUR EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT £399.00
FULL PRICE AFTER 31ST IS £499.00
MAKE AN ENQUIRY OR ADD TO YOUR BASKET NOW www.positivecgangeguru.com