Date / Time:
16 October 2018 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
Location: Central London
Ticket price today: £0.00
Join us in central London on our Mindfulness at Work Training.
Looking for mindfulness courses in London? Our unique mindfulness at work training course is facilitated by one of the UK’s leading experts in mindfulness. Discover why companies with mindfulness programmes like Spotify, Aetna, Apple, Google, and General Mills are using workplace mindfulness programmes and how mindfulness can be practiced and used to build resilience, improve performance, to re-wire your brain, decrease your stress levels and develop emotional intelligence. If you’re looking for a practical and evidence based mindfulness at work course from an accredited provider, our mindful training for companies is for you
Why use Positive Change Guru for your Mindfulness at Work Training?
It’s likely that you’ll already have heard of mindfulness or know someone who practices it. Many organisations have developed their own programmes. We’ve worked internationally with organisations such as Deloitte, UKSport, Spotify, ICAEW, Google, London School of Economics, Goldsmiths University, WaterAid, Price Waterhouse Coopers, UK Central Government and even the Victoria and Albert Museum amongst others to design and deliver mindfulness at work programmes, mindful leadership coaching and providing leadership retreat ideas. With our mindfulness at work training you’ll be finding the space to reflect and lead.
We’ve trained with Google’s SYLI Emotional Intelligence for Leaders programme as well as training with Aberdeen University, Bangor University, Oxford Masterclass and Dr Patricia Collard to fulfil UK mindfulness teacher requirements. We’re committed to our own continuing professional development, our senior Mindful Leader facilitator, Gill Thackray, a corporate mindfulness coach, holds an MSc in Mindfulness Studies and is currently completing PhD mindfulness leadership research into the impact of mindfulness and compassion training on leadership efficacy. She regularly presents keynotes at leadership and management events and mindful leadership conferences.
Our own personal mindfulness practice spans 20 years. We draw upon this alongside our corporate experience of successfully building our own businesses working with FTSE 100 companies. We take your wellbeing seriously and are committed to the UK Mindfulness Teachers Good Practice Guidelines and are registered with the International Mindfulness Teachers Association the centre training principles & on the UK Registered Teachers list.
We’re leaders in the field
We write articles on the benefits of mindful leadership and mindfulness at work for national and international publications including The Guardian UK, Thrive Global, Ultra Sport, Success Magazine, Refinery 29, Dare Magazine and HR Zone.
Why Train in Mindfulness?
Mindfulness Business Benefits
Mindfulness business benefits are multiple, the benefits of completing mindful at work training include;
- Increased resilience
- Optimised performance & flow
- Enhanced wellbeing
- A reduction in stress and burnout
- Reduced presenteeism
- The ability to skilfully manage change
- The development of emotional intelligence
- Employee engagement
- Increased positive emotional states
- Improved self awareness & self regulation
- Greater team cohesion
- Reduced staff turnover
- Increased neuroplasticity
- Reduced stress related absenteeism
- Greater clarity of thought
- Improved decision making
- Increased creativity and innovation
- The ability to identify individual habitual patterns of thinking and respond more effectively
Mindfulness at Work Training Who is it for?
This mindfulness in the workplace training is for individuals and organisations interested in exploring how to use mindfulness to improve wellbeing, resilience and performance in the workplace. It is widely acknowledged that businesses operate in a VUCA (volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous) world. Mindfulness provides an opportunity to develop a practice in order to manage the rapid paced, ever changing world of global businesses. This mindfulness at work training is suitable for complete beginners as well as more experienced practitioners of mindfulness this course will walk you through how to apply mindfulness in the workplace with a supportive, experienced and qualified mindfulness facilitator. Take a look at our mindfulness resources, blogs, podcasts and videos to discover more about mindfulness and whether this is the course for you.
We’ll show you how not to introduce mindfulness at work
Maybe you’ve read about McMindfulness in the Huffington Post and are somewhat cynical about mindfulness courses for business? Or you’re worried about the negative aspects of mindfulness? We will teach you how not to introduce mindfulness at work and the pitfalls to avoid if you are starting a mindfulness at work programme. We’re experienced in successfully designing and delivering hundreds of international mindfulness at work courses. Everything we do is backed by research and data. We’ll show you how to successfully introduce mindfulness into the workplace. On the day we’ll walk you through the evidence for mindfulness courses for business and show you how when mindfulness is delivered correctly, companies with mindfulness programmes have the advantage.
Mindfulness at Work Training Course Objectives
By the end of the course delegates will have developed skills that will enable them to;
- Define what mindfulness is
- Identify the scientifically evidenced benefits of mindful leadership
- Identify how research in neuroscience underpins mindful leadership
- Develop increased resilience
- Enhance their wellbeing
- Improved communication skills
- Identify sacrifice syndrome & employ renewal strategies
- Skilfully navigate the challenge of organisational change
- Develop greater emotional intelligence
- Enhance self awareness
- Enhanced mental agility
- Recognise the difference between stress, pressure and burnout
- Improve decision making
- Optimise performance
- Manage stressful situations skilfully
- Develop increased self compassion
- Recognise the interplay between mindfulness, neuroscience & positive psychology
- Utilise a practical toolkit of practices and strategies to start using straight away
- Develop an individual action plan
Mindfulness at Work Training Course Content
- What mindfulness is and isn’t
- The origins of mindfulness
- The business case for mindfulness
- How can mindfulness help you at work?
- Why should you be mindful?
- Mindfulness in the workplace research
- The link between mindfulness and neuroscience
- Using mindfulness to build resilience and reduce stress
- Mindfulness and emotional intelligence
- Mindfulness and productivity
- Mindful leadership
- Sacrifice syndrome and the power of renewal
- The mindfulness positive psychology connection
- Introducing mindfulness into the workplace
- Boosting creativity and innovation with mindful practice
- Formal mindfulness practices for everyday use
- Informal mindfulness practices
- Access to our mindfulness at work toolkit
- Access to our online mindfulness self assessment
- Access to our podcasts, blogs and YouTube videos
- Unlimited post course support
The benefits of Mindfulness at work training
Over the past few decades, randomised-controlled trials of 8 week courses in MBSR and MBCT (Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy) have shown that mindfulness-based approaches are effective in:
- Greater cognitive flexibility
- Increased resilience
- Stress reduction
- Increased compassion
- Improved focus and memory
- Increased creativity and innovation
- A stronger sense of purpose
- Developing emotional intelligence
- Supporting team cohesion
- Building employee engagement
- Improved workplace productivity
This one-day training course is an introduction to mindfulness at work and offers a taster of various mindfulness practices. It may not be considered suitable at this time for those affected with acute depression, active or recent substance (alcohol or drug) addictions, P.T.S.D., bipolar disorder, current or past psychosis, significant long standing interpersonal difficulties (eg currently meeting the criteria for a personality disorder), by recent trauma, significant loss such as divorce, bereavement, or unresolved grief reaction. If you’re unsure if this course is suitable for your needs please contact us and we’ll be happy to talk through if this is the right course for you at this time.
Mindfulness at Work Training Outputs
- Tools and techniques that you can take away & start using immediately
- Mindfulness at work tips
- Practical mindfulness at work exercises
- At work meditation techniques
- Access to Positive Change Guru’s Mindfulness assessment
- Access to growth mindset assessment
- Access to emotional intelligence assessment
- Sacrifice and renewal audit
- Access to individual resilience assessment
- Access to team resilience assessment
- Toolkit to assess areas of risk
- Simple daily practices for mindfulness at work
- Mindfulness at Work workbook
- Unlimited post mindfulness at work training support
We run corporate mindfulness, corporate resilience and wellbeing courses and corporate mindfulness coaching across the UK, Europe, Asia and the USA so if you can’t make London then check in with us to see if we’re running a course near you. We can also come to you and deliver in house mindfulness at work courses, bitesize, half day and six week programmes. We also offer consultancy services regarding embedding workplace mindfulness across your organisation. Find out more by contacting us at: Get in Touch we’d love to hear from you.
Bookings are closed for this event.