Date / Time:
5 July 2018 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
Location: Central London
Ticket price today: £0.00
Join us for this unique Growth mindset at Work Training led by one of the UK’s leading experts. If you’ve ever wondered how some people appear to go from strength to strength in the workplace, managing failure in their stride, growth mindset the new psychology of success is the answer. In this growth mindset workshop based on Carol Dweck’s 35 year plus Mindset research you’ll learn why IQ and talent alone no longer predicts or guarantees success and how focusing on your growth mindset professional development you can develop a unique competitive advantage.
Who is this Growth Mindset at Work Training For?
You’ll benefit from this practical one day introduction to growth mindset for success at work course if you answer yes to any of the following questions:
- Do you feel stuck in certain areas of your professional life and deterred by failure and setbacks?
- Do you believe that the people you admire are naturally better than you at their chosen specialisms?
- Do you sometimes feel like an imposter & fear you’ll be found out?
- Do you admire the professional success of others but doubt your own capabilities to succeed beyond a certain level?
- Do you suspect that, no matter how hard you try, you’ll never improve certain abilities beyond a particular level?
- Would you like to master a toolkit of practical growth mindset techniques that will enable you to develop a growth mindset approach?
- Would you like to develop a growth mindset culture within your team and organisation?
- Are you ‘Stuck’ when you think about changing the mindset of employees?
- When you fail to reach a goal, do you believe that your failure is proof that there’s no point in persevering?
- Would you like to learn new strategies, tools and techniques to improve your own performance and that of others?
What is a Growth Mindset?
What is a growth mindset? The chances are you’ve already heard about the work of Stanford Professor, Carol Dweck. The increasing popularity of mindset alongside positive psychology has seen it applied within the workplace, coaching, sports psychology and education. There’s a huge buzz around Carol Dweck’s growth mindset research and how it can be used to improve performance in a huge range of areas.
Dweck discovered that some people are constantly learning, they’re curious about why things happened, how things work and how they can develop. Other people seem to believe that they can’t learn, that they’re stuck with what they’ve got. Mindset is the way that Dweck describes these two positions, a set of beliefs that determine how you interact with the world at home and at work.
With a growth mindset people believe that their abilities can be developed and improved with effort. Learning and mastery play a huge role in growth mindset, creating the telltale love of learning and resilience when faced with failure. Want to discover more? Take a look at our free Growth Mindset Toolkit
What are Fixed Mindsets?
And a fixed mindset definition? If you have a fixed mindset you believe that you’re stuck with your innate talents and skills and there’s not much you can do to change them. There are obvious implications for your performance in the workplace. If you find yourself spending time trying to prove how smart you are, choosing not to develop yourself, avoiding challenges, dodging failure & never stretching yourself the chances are that you’re stuck in a fixed mindset. This mindset believes that talent will get you where you need to go. It’s wrong. The good news is that you can learn and develop a growth mindset. That’s exactly what you’ll do on this mindset at work training where we take a look at the centre training principles of developing a growth mindset in adults, growth mindset leaders and changing mindset in the workplace. Discover why mindset is a crucial component to management communication training. Whether you’re setting yourself new career goals, are an entrepreneur or a leader who wants to create a growth mindset culture this training is essential.
Why use Positive Change Guru for your Growth Mindset Training?
Our growth mindset at work training is led by Viv Thackray Dutton, one of the UK’s leading experts in positive psychology and growth mindset. She was one of the first MAPP graduates in the UK and since then has worked internationally to introduce growth mindset to hundreds of companies creating successful growth mindset cultures. Viv regularly writes for Thrive Global along with other publications. She has also been featured in Success Magazine, Business Zone and Accounting Web. She has worked with Spotify, YKK, IProvision, School for Social Entrepreneurs, Lancaster University’s Bonington Leadership Programme, Deaf Children’s Society, Google, Natural History Museum and V&A amongst others. On the day Viv will share her insider tips and tricks to make growth mindset part of your routine. You’ll learn techniques to help you incorporate growth mindset into your everyday life. Whether you’re looking to learn about about growth mindset for professional development or you’re interested in the team applications of workplace growth mindset, this course is for you.
Growth Mindset at Work Objectives
By the end of this growth mindset at work training, delegates will be able to;
- Identify fixed and growth mindset states
- Recognise the benefits of a growth mindset at work
- Utilise techniques to develop growth mindset
- Dispel growth mindset myths
- Learn how to reframe self talk
- Explore growth mindset at work success stories
- Implement tried and tested methods to introduce growth mindset at work
- Examine obstacles to growth mindset
- Review growth mindset research and data along with the business case for growth mindset
- Understake an individual growth mindset assessment and areas for development
- Identify next steps and create an individual learning plan
Core Components of our Growth Mindset at Work Training Content
During this unique one day training course, you’ll work with one of the UK’s leading experts who has worked internationally with some of the worlds largest companies and start ups to successfully embed growth mindset. You’ll examine:
- What is a growth mindset?
- The benefits of a growth mindset at work
- Growth mindset and fixed mindset.
- Changing mindset in the workplace
- How you can use the psychology of growth mindset theory to benefit and develop yourself and others
- The Growth Mindset workplace. What does it look like?
- Growth Mindset behaviours
- Neuroscience and growth mindset
- Developing growth mindset individually and in teams
- Real examples, tips and tricks from people who have adopted a growth mindset approach for success
- False growth mindset and how to avoid it
- How to overcome imposter syndrome
- How to introduce growth mindset into your workplace
- Great growth mindset tools and strategies that you can take away and use to develop your abilities, outlook and approach to challenges.
- Practical exercises for you to apply growth mindset techniques to your most important goals
- How you can use a growth mindset to improve individual, team and organisational performance.
- We’ll show you how to transform your mindset from fixed to growth
Growth Mindset Training Outputs:
You’ll practice mindset training activities and then take away growth mindset tools and techniques that you can take away & start using immediately:
- Our quick and easy four step technique you can use to apply a growth mindset to failure.
- Learn how to identify, understand and overcome your own fixed mindset triggers.
- Access to our Growth Mindset self-assessment.
- Apply effective growth mindset goal setting techniques.
- Learn practical, effective tools to ensure your growth mindset development is a life long process.
- Learn our easy strategy to avoid the false growth mindset trap.
- A library of mindset training pdfs, blogs, podcasts and toolkits to take away and use
- Learn easy to implement techniques to apply a growth mindset approach to improving professional relationships.
- “Great sessions led by Viv and Gill on developing a growth mindset and mindfulness based resilience. The sessions were a good mix of theory and practice delivered in an engaging and practical format. All the participant’s got a lot from the sessions and we would look forward to welcoming them back to run these sessions again.”
Nils Bucknell, Director, School for Social Entrepreneurs
- “A great way of understanding yourself and managing your life. It helps you work out a healthier balance between action and thought and creates both physical and mental harmony. Simple techniques that can be learnt even if you are an experienced manager already. I would recommend the professionalism and wisdom of their approach and people”
Ruth Spellman, Chief Executive, WEA
We run Growth Mindset training courses in the UK, Europe and internationally so if you can’t make London get in touch to see if we’re running a course near you. We also offer bespoke in house training, one day, bitesize courses along with expert consultancy. Contact us to see how we can help you to practice growth mindset and positive psychology in your life.
Bookings are closed for this event.