Date / Time:
23 October 2018 All Day
Location: Central London
Ticket price today: £499.00
Our Growth Mindset for Successful Leadership Training is unique, combining the latest evidence based research in mindset, neuroscience, emotional intelligence and mindfulness. If you’ve ever wondered how some leaders excel, appearing to go from strength to strength in the workplace, managing change effectively and taking failure in their stride, growth mindset the new psychology of success is the answer. If you want to introduce a growth mindset culture to your team, department or business then this is the course for you.
Our growth mindset workshop is based on Stanford Professor, Carol Dweck’s 35 year plus game changing Mindset research You’ll learn why IQ and talent alone no longer predict or guarantee success and how focusing on your leadership growth mindset professional development you can take your organisation to the next level.
Who is this Growth Mindset for Leadership Training For?
You’ll benefit from this practical one day growth mindset for leadership course if you answer yes to any of the following questions:
- Do you want to introduce growth mindset to your business but don’t know where to start?
- Do you want to find a way to optimise performance in your organisation?
- Is creativity and innovation key to your survival?
- Are you an entrepreneur, start up or leader who recognises mindset is critical to your success and you want to know more?
- Do you sometimes feel stuck in certain areas of your professional life and deterred by failure and setbacks?
- Do you believe that leaders you admire are naturally better than you at their chosen specialisms?
- Do you sometimes feel like an imposter? Wonder how you got where you are & fear you’ll be found out?
- Do you admire the professional success of others but doubt your own capabilities to succeed beyond a certain level?
- Are there challenges that you avoid but would like to embrace?
- Do you suspect that, no matter how hard you try, you’ll never improve certain abilities beyond a particular level?
- Is your fear of failure holding you back?
- Would you like to master a toolkit of practical growth mindset techniques that will enable you to develop a growth mindset approach?
- Would you like to develop a growth mindset culture within your team and organisation?
- Are you ‘Stuck’ when you think about changing the mindset of employees?
- Have you inherited a blame culture and you want to change it?
- When you fail to reach a goal, do you believe that your failure is proof that there’s no point in persevering?
- Would you like to learn new strategies, tools and techniques to improve your own performance and that of others?
What is a Growth Mindset?
What is a growth mindset? The chances are you’ve already heard about the work of Stanford Professor, Carol Dweck. The increasing popularity of mindset alongside positive psychology has seen it applied within the workplace, coaching, sports psychology and education. There’s a huge buzz around Carol Dweck’s growth mindset research and how it can be used to improve performance in a huge range of areas.
Dweck discovered that some people are constantly learning, they’re curious about why things happened, how things work and how they can develop. Other people seem to believe that they can’t learn, that they’re stuck with what they’ve got. Mindset is the way that Dweck describes these two positions, a set of beliefs that determine how you interact with the world at home and at work.
With a growth mindset people believe that their abilities can be developed and improved with effort. Learning and mastery play a huge role in growth mindset, creating the telltale love of learning and resilience when faced with failure. Want to discover more? Take a look at our free Growth Mindset Toolkit
What are Fixed Mindsets?
And a fixed mindset definition? If you have a fixed mindset you believe that you’re stuck with your innate talents and skills and there’s not much you can do to change them. There are obvious implications for organisational performance in the workplace. If you find yourself spending time trying to prove how smart you are, choosing not to develop yourself, avoiding challenges, dodging failure & never stretching yourself the chances are that you’re stuck in a fixed mindset. This mindset believes that talent will get you where you need to go. It’s wrong. The good news is that you can learn and develop a growth mindset. That’s exactly what you’ll do on this growth mindset for successful leadership training where we examine how to develop growth mindset leaders and changing mindset in the workplace. Discover why mindset is a crucial component to management communication training. Whether you’re setting yourself new career goals, are an entrepreneur or a leader who wants to create a growth mindset culture this training is essential.
Why use Positive Change Guru for your Growth Mindset for Successful leadership Training?
Our growth mindset for successful leadership training is led by Viv Thackray Dutton, one of the UK’s leading experts in positive psychology and growth mindset. She was one of the first MAPP graduates in the UK and since then has worked with leaders internationally to introduce growth mindset to hundreds of companies creating successful growth mindset cultures. Viv regularly writes for Thrive Global along with other publications. She has also been featured in Success Magazine, Business Zone and Accounting Web. She has worked with Spotify, YKK, IProvision, School for Social Entrepreneurs, Lancaster University’s Bonington Leadership Programme, Deaf Children’s Society, Google, UK Central Government, Natural History Museum and V&A amongst others. On the day Viv will share her insider tips and tricks to make growth mindset part of your organisation. You’ll learn techniques to help you incorporate growth mindset into your everyday behaviours, systems and procedures.
Growth Mindset for Successful Leadership Objectives
By the end of this growth mindset at work training, delegates will be able to;
- Identify fixed and growth mindset states
- Recognise the benefits of a growth mindset at work
- Utilise techniques to develop growth mindset with employees.
- Dispel workplace growth mindset myths
- Learn how to reframe failure
- Explore growth mindset at work success stories
- Implement tried and tested methods to introduce growth mindset at work based on our international experience
- Examine organisational obstacles to growth mindset
- Review growth mindset research and data along with the business case for growth mindset
- Undertake an individual growth mindset leader self assessment and areas for development
- Identify next steps and create an individual learning plan
Core Components of our Growth Mindset for Successful Leadership Training Content
We always make sure our training meets your individual objectives making it as bespoke as possible for each delegate. During this unique one day growth mindset for successful leadership training course, you’ll work with one of the UK’s leading experts with international experience of working with some of the worlds largest companies and start ups to successfully embed growth mindset. You’ll examine:
- What is a growth mindset?
- The business case for growth mindset leadership
- The benefits of a growth mindset at work
- Growth mindset and fixed mindset.
- Modelling mindset as a leader
- Changing mindset in the workplace
- How you can use the psychology of growth mindset theory to benefit and develop yourself and others
- The Growth Mindset workplace. What does it look like?
- Growth Mindset behaviours and objectives
- Neuroscience and growth mindset at work. The evidence.
- Developing growth mindset individually and in teams
- Real examples, tips and tricks from companies who have adopted a growth mindset approach for success
- Growth mindset and learning from failure
- False growth mindset and how to avoid it
- How to overcome imposter syndrome
- How to introduce growth mindset into your workplace
- Great growth mindset tools and strategies that you can take away and use to develop your abilities, outlook and approach to challenges.
- Practical exercises for you to apply growth mindset techniques to your most important goals
- How you can use a growth mindset to develop and enhance individual, team and organisational performance.
- We’ll show you how to transform your organisational mindset from fixed to growth
Growth Mindset for Successful Leadership Training Outputs:
You’ll use mindset training activities and practices on the day and then take away growth mindset tools and techniques that you can start using immediately:
- Our quick and easy four step technique you can use to apply a leadership growth mindset to failure.
- Learn how to identify, understand and overcome your own fixed mindset triggers.
- Access to our Growth Mindset self-assessment.
- Apply effective growth mindset goal setting techniques.
- Learn practical, effective tools to ensure your growth mindset development is a life long process.
- Learn our easy strategy to avoid the false growth mindset trap.
- A library of mindset training pdfs, blogs, podcasts and toolkits to take away and use
- Learn easy to implement techniques to apply a growth mindset approach to improving professional relationships.
“Great sessions led by Viv and Gill on developing a growth mindset and mindfulness based resilience. The sessions were a good mix of theory and practice delivered in an engaging and practical format. All the participant’s got a lot from the sessions and we would look forward to welcoming them back to run these sessions again.”
Nils Bucknell, Director, School for Social Entrepreneurs, London
“A great way of understanding yourself and managing your life. It helps you work out a healthier balance between action and thought and creates both physical and mental harmony. Simple techniques that can be learnt even if you are an experienced manager already. I would recommend the professionalism and wisdom of their approach and people”
Ruth Spellman, Chief Executive, WEA, London
We regularly run Growth Mindset for successful leadership training courses in the UK, Europe, USA and internationally so if you can’t make London get in touch to see if we’re running a course near you. We also offer bespoke in house training, one day, bitesize courses along with expert consultancy. Contact us here to see how we can help you to practice growth mindset and positive psychology in your life.